10 Pounds BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST
3 Cups mayonnaise
1 Cup creme fraiche
2 Cups minced celery
1-1/2 Cups sweet pickle relish
To taste kosher salt
To taste ground white pepper
5 Medium to Large golden sweet pineapples
20 date nut bread sandwiches, cut in strips
As needed fresh fruit.
1. Rinse turkey breast under cold running water. Place in large 8 quart pot, cover with cold water, bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer. Skim foam from surface and gently simmer approximately 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
2. Remove turkey breast from stockpot, cool slightly, remove all skin, bones and sinew (save broth for another use).
3. Dice turkey breast. Cover and chill thoroughly before continuing.
4. Combine chilled diced turkey with mayonnaise, creme fraiche, celery and pickle relish. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
1. Cut golden sweet pineapple into quarters, in wedge shapes, leaving the tops attached to each quarter.
2. Remove woody center portion of each quarter. Release edible portion of flesh by cutting along and close to skin of pineapple from tip to bottom of each quarter section.
3. Cut vertically along length to make 5 to 7 sections in the "boat". (Option: Alternate each section by sliding sections about half way towards outer edges of each quarter section.)
4. Place 3/4 cup prepared turkey salad on top of each pineapple boat.
5. Serve with cream cheese filled date nut bread sandwiches and other fresh seasonal fruits.
National Turkey Federation