1 Cup cranberry juice
2 Teaspoons sugar
1 Teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 Cup raspberry vinegar
1 Cup frozen raspberries in syrup
1/2 Cup hazelnuts
4 Cups spinach leaves, cleaned, dried, and stemmed
Vegetable oil spray
1-1/3 Cups Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
1 Cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 Pound COOKED TURKEY BREAST or PULLED TURKEY, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1. Heat cranberry juice to a boil, stir in sugar and cornstarch and cook to thicken. Cool. Add raspberry vinegar and frozen raspberries. Cover and hold for service.
1. In a preheated 375 degree F oven, toast hazelnuts for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Coarsely chop. Cover and reserve for service.
2. Prepare spinach by tearing into bite-sized pieces. Cover and refrigerate for service.
1. Prepare Parmesan shell by spraying an 8-inch nonstick saute pan with vegetable oil spray. Heat pan over medium heat.
2. For each shell, add 1/3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan to the bottom of the saute pan, distributing the cheese evenly across the pan. Allow the cheese to bubble for about 30 seconds before adding an additional 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
3. When the cheese starts to turn golden brown, remove from the pan and place over a mold or a small stainless steel bowl. Allow to cool.
1. Toss spinach, turkey and hazelnuts in a bowl.
2. Divide salad among the cooled Parmesan shells. Serve the dressing on the side. Serve immediately.
National Turkey Federation