1 Pint water
1 Cup soy sauce
2 Bunches lemon grass
2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
16-20 shrimp, peeled, deveined & tail removed
1 Pound RAW TURKEY BREAST, skinless & sliced into 3-inch finger size strips
As needed sesame seeds, toasted
As needed scallions, chiffonade slice
1. In a sauce pan, combine water, soy sauce, lemon grass, ginger and sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool.
2. For each portion, thread one shrimp on a short bamboo skewer. Wrap a turkey strip around the shrimp.
3. Place the skewers in the cooled marinade. Cover and let stand, refrigerated for 1 hour.
4. Remove from marinade and discard marinade. Pan sear until cooked through.
5. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and scallions.
National Turkey Federation