Four turkey drumsticks
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Two large onions
Two cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
One teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
One teaspoon dry oregano
One dry bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
1/2 teaspoon dry rosemary
One cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry red wine
1. Wash and clean the turkey drumsticks well. Pat them dry.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, oregano, and pepper together.
3. Apply some of the flour mixture on the drumsticks, and set aside the remaining mixture.
4. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Put the turkey drumsticks, one drumstick at a time. Cook the drumsticks till they turn brown in color. Keep turning them so that all sides get cooked evenly. After the drumsticks have been cooked, transfer them to a baking pan.
5. In the frying pan, add onions and garlic, and cook for about five minutes. The onions should become soft. To this, add the chicken broth and the red wine. Also add the bay leaf, thyme, and rosemary.
6. Now pour this mixture over the drumsticks inside the baking pan. Cover the pan, and bake the drumsticks for about two-and-a-half hours, till the turkey becomes tender. Bake the drumsticks at a temperature of about 350 degrees F.
7. Once the drumsticks have been baked, you can transfer them onto a serving tray. You can also use the remainder of the cooking broth to make a sauce. For this, add cold water to the mixture, and cook it till it thickens. Pour the sauce on the drumsticks before you serve.