2 Tablespoons butter, clarified
1 Tablespoon red onion, small dice
1 100 count Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled & cut into thin wedges
4 Ounces SMOKED TURKEY, medium dice
1/8 Teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
To taste salt and freshly ground pepper
2 eggs, whipped
1 Tablespoon walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
As needed fresh thyme springs
1. Heat 1 tablespoon clarified butter over medium high heat. Sauté onion and apple until soft.
2. Add turkey, toss to heat. Add pinch of thyme, salt and pepper. Hold warm for service.
3. Whip eggs as for scrambled eggs.
4. In a separate skillet, heat remaining butter over medium high heat. Add whipped eggs, stirring until evenly cooked. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer eggs onto serving plate, forming a ring. Place turkey/apple mixture in center. Top with walnuts and thyme.
National Turkey Federation